Saturday, August 5, 2017

सनिग्ध...


On a heavy pouring day, amidst the thundering showers and cool wind blowing in my face, a familiar aroma of noodles pulled me towards it to indulge into the amazing comfort of childhood. So i rushed to my kitchen and put a pot to boil my favourite masala noodles. While I added yellow powdery goodness to the bubbling water, a familiar aroma swept me back to day I first had them. I was six, I had pestered my grandmother to buy me a packet. She finally gave into and made me my first bowl of noodles. Yummy! It seemed so fascinating that such goodness could be made instantly. But alas! The instant goodness dint last for more than a few minutes coz i gulped it down at lightening speed leaving me unsatisfied and wanting more! I was asked to be content with what I received and   I thanked my silver haired superstar who then taught me the importance of gratitude along with a lesson which I would learn 16 years after.
This simple memory was now playing like a feature film in my head with a clear message running in bold. Instant gratification does not have a lasting feeling! We ought to enjoy life moment by moment; cherishing every second. Life at times teaches you profound lessons suddenly out of the blue! Who thought instant noodles would bring such clarity.
Memories are hazy, future is hazy...what is clear is now,this very moment.
So with this thought I sit down with my bowl of new found wisdom devouring it strand by strand slurping the masalas of present hoping that this moment will become a hazy memory to bring clarity to a present which awaits me!
"Memories are treasures buried deep in our hearts, holding a different value at different times"

Such is life..unfolding wisdom now and forever! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the post! Please leave your feedback here :)